Sunday, March 7, 2010

Tonights dinner

All I can say is......GARLIC! I love this ingredient (only in main dishes or dressings)! I am pretty sure when I exercise tomorrow, that I will, hopefully, be sweating some garlic out of my pores:-)
A friend of mine made this meal when I had our last daughter almost a year ago, and it has been one of our families favorites since, SUPER NOODLES! Today I did something a little different, I simmered the sauce for 2 1/2 hours instead of the 45 minutes added double the garlic, and it was even more divine then before (which was hard to do). I also had sauteed the chicken with garlic and some extra seasonings, in a separate pan this time as well. The bread sticks were buttery and had just the right amount of crispiness to them. The Salad was so tasty as well, as I made a dressing recipe from a good friend, Sweet Garlic Dressing. All of the combinations of food melded well with one another. Can't wait for lunch tomorrow!

7 comments:

Some Kind of Crazy said...

This sounds wonderful! Were you going to share the recipe?

Nilssen Family said...

Recipes... please!! I'm drooling over here!

Oh, and don't eat this on Thursday ;)

Pam said...

This is soooo good! I wish I could be there to eat all of your yummy food! I can just smell all the garlic.

Barlow Family said...

Yummy! Can I come for dinner/lunch? :) Where is the recipe?

Shoskey Family said...

I love garlic too! I just made beer bread and dipped it in cream cheese mixed with like 6 cloves of minced garlic. So simple, yet, sooo good! By the way, we will not be able to make it to AZ this year, Tim has a new job, but I can guarentee we'll be there next year and would love to get together!

Jill said...

Okay, my mouth is watering thinking of Super Noodles--Yum!!! Garlic is THE BEST! I love it--everything about it! And breadsticks too!! Can I come over for leftovers???

Harmony said...

Another vote for the recipe...