Sunday, November 23, 2008
I wish I was actually cleaning poop!
I thought I would never say this.....EVER, but I think I would actually rather be cleaning up poop than NAIL POLISH! Yep, you heard me nail polish. Tonight while our Home Teacher was at our home, Mag Pie decided to throw Anna's nail polish to her from the upstairs playroom. You might be asking some questions, like," how did she get?", or "Why don't you have it locked up so little children won't make messes with it?", Well, my answer back is, we think she climbed up and got it from the top shelf somehow, OR a sister got, who won't admit....arrrgh. Anyway, it was all in slow mo for me. I instantly saw her with it and said to Megan please get it from her in which there was no response, then Mag Pie was saying to Anna, (whose nail polish it is), here Nana, then she threw it thinking someone was going to catch it, instead shattered in the front entry way in every direction. our Home teacher was so nice and tried to help for a half an hour, but with little success. We said thanks for his help and told him his wife probably has their dinner ready for them and that he should get home. I am sure he was relieved. Jonathan said after he left that we should've taken a picture for the blog, which I am sure I could go down there and still get a good picture of the damage, but am too pooped out from being on my knees for the past two hours:-( We still don't have it all cleaned up. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get nail polish out of Fake wood floors, please send them my way! Hope everyone else's Sunday's were relaxing, cause I think we worked enough for all of you:-) J/k Tomorrows a new day right!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
GRRRR- I have red in the middle of my closet, and it was up high, but obviously NOT high enough! Best of luck getting that cleaned up- i have no suggestions, just patience!
As Elder Wirthlin says "Come what may and love it."
oh your little girls and their little messes! hang in there. It was fun talking to you today! again- Happy thanksgiving
Try mineral spirts and a clean rag first. Should do the trick.
If not then I'd try nail polish remover in an inconspicuous place first to see if it would take up the varnish. You can also replace individual boards, but that is really time consuming and the most expensive.
The daily messes here keep mounting.
That royally stinks...I doubt that Elder Wirthlin has ever had to scrub finger nail polish out of every inch of his entry way. I give you permission to not love it.
That's so funny! I'm sorry Wendy! I wish I new a way to get it out. I can't wait for little Natalie to do the same thing. :) Love ya!
Don't use nail polish remover. I'm sure you're smart enough to figure that one out without ruining your rug and having to throw it out. Like I did.
I think we got nail polish off of our wood laminate floor with nail polish. But there was only a little drop. At least it wasn't tile with impossible-to-clean grout. I hate grout.
We should betroth Mag Pie and Mr Destructo right now so they can feel the full effects of payback from THEIR spawn.
He did several things today. I took pictures of a couple. I mihgt post them, but then he might wear me out too much and I'll just say screw it. Maybe you could just say screw it to the nail polics and get a big rug. Ha ha to Might Mighty Rudds--I listen to those guys sometimes and think, "Yes, but do you REMEMBER what it was like when your kids were little?" I keep telling Dan, "See, Pres Monson only had three kids!" It's surprising how many apostles didn't have large families--they're the smart ones, I say, right? ;) ANd they were probably never home--always gone at church calling things, too!
Ohhhhh ..... apologies and condolences.
I know just plain ole alcohol gets it out of couches! Learned that one the hard way ....
You are my hero.
Ugh. I'd rather clean up poop too and maybe even throw-up which is 100 times worse than poop. I haven't had this one happen yet--sorry I have no helpful suggestions only sympathy.
Oh man! What a nightmare! Somehow I missed this post... did you ever figure out how to get it off? BTW, I love your nickname for Maggie. Mag Pie is sooo cute. I
Post a Comment