Sunday, August 10, 2008
Don't judge me!
So we moved some kids around this weekend. We moved Amanda in with Maggie and Anna and Megan are now sharing. Anywho, as Jonathan and I were putting one of the beds together, I had asked Megan and Amanda , nicely several times, to stop climbing/jumping on the mattress that was vertical. I was nervous that it was going to fall on them. So instead of laying it flat on the ground (mainly because I was to focused on getting the whole process over with) I yelled out to them again, except this time, I swore, (this is where I ask you not to judge) "Guys get off the damn mattress, you are going to get hurt!" Megan's very innocent response was this, (I am actually laughing as I am writing this, which is probably not a healthy sign?) "Mom, this is not a DAMN-ED mattress it is my special mattress and we are just trying to have fun!" Jonathan and I started to laugh in the room; luckily she couldn't see or hear us. We moved the mattress down so it was safe to play on her "special mattress." I know, nice, good parenting right! Well, I dedicate this post to all of us moms out there who loose our cool sometimes and choose to use obscenities instead of words that are productive! Hope you got a good laugh out of this, we sure did!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Hey - cute blog! My mom used to say damn all the time (not that she would want me to tell you that). Anyway - we all turned out alright. Once my sister got caught saying "hell's bells" and when my mom asked where she learned that saying, my sister responded by saying "From you Mom". We all thought it was funny (and still do).
That is cute!
Thanks for the good laugh!
i judge you not...and if it would make you feel better i'll let you drive around with me for a day with all these special needs utah drivers!
Yay for blogging...So sad that this is how I can see what you're up to even though you live just down the road! Loved the pictures. I can't believe how big the girls are getting. They're so beautiful!
email me, I'm setting my blog to private and I want to send you an invite!
shamoms@cox.net
No worries. My mom always used to smack her head on the cupboard, car, fridge, etc. and yell out "damn it, damn it, damn it!!"
A little profanity never hurt anyone - certainly not me:)
Ho boy Wendy. Our friendship is O.V.E.R! First the volleyball camp, now this.... tisk tisk.
I admire you so much Wendy. A little swearing only makes you a little more human to me.
That is so funny! I was laughing so hard when I read it! Thanks for sharing! You are a wonderful Mom Wendy! Don't worry at all. :)
Ha-lar-ee-ous!! No judgements! Words like that zoom through my head all day--I am sure one day they will spurt out!! Hey, I need sports people, check out my blog for more info!
Girl...sometimes you gotta throw down a "D" word so the kids know you are serious. My mom used to do it with the "S" word and it never made even a little sense.
You're hilarious Wendy. I was laughing so hard. It's been a long time. How are you. I got a post on my blog from Pam giving your blogs address. So fun. We need to catch up sometime. Your girls are BEAUTIFUL. Maggie looks a lot like you when you were little. So cute.
HA! that is so funny, i actually was telling brad that lately i've been so close to doing the same thing!
I think that your choice swear word, isn't a swear word if it is in the bible! So, don't feel judged, feel biblical!
LOL That was so funny!
Kids say some of the darndest things. That's for sure.
Post a Comment