The girls and I had the opportunity to go to Michigan from May 23rd to June 25th. I grew up in Michigan and wanted to show the girls where
I had grown up and the people who had influenced me the most in my life. I LOVED being back there! We stayed with my twin sister and her family (THANK YOU Pam and Jared). There home was such an awesome get away for us, from the heat. The girls had neverending fun playing outside, as the weather in June is absolutely perfect. They had tire swings and grass, and a garden. Everything that can make a child smile and be free!
We started it off by having a family Memorial Day picnic, where the girls met my extened family. This was a lot of fun for them, they thought that they only had cousins on my husbands side of the family (31). Then we went strawberry picking and went to my grandparents cottage up in Oscoda, MI, went to the Zoo, and the Detroit Tigers game, and went swimming at my Aunt Michelle's pool.
Pam and I also did a 5K race. It was Pam's first one, and even though she thought she was going to die, she did it! Thanks Pam for humoring me, you did an AWESOME job! I feel like I am forgetting something.....Oh well, what matters is that we created a lot of memories and had SO much fun doing it! We Love Michigan and Family!
No comments:
Post a Comment